As you can see in my Blogroll panel, on my homepage, profile and LinkedIn, I’m a proud member of phpBenelux.
Tuesday there was another meeting, this time in the offices of Netlog, with talks from Ivo Jansch about “PHP and the Cloud” and Felix De Vliegher about “High gear PHP with Gearman”.
Because it took me quite a while to figure out what user group was/is the real one and what’s the plan for the future, I wanted to share my “knownledge” with you:
- phpBenelux is the new name after phpBelgium and phpgg merged.
I’m still waiting for Luxembourg, but they’ll come along :).
- Meetings are held monthly, one month in the Netherlands, the other month in Belgium.
- A new website (phpBenelux.eu) is on the way, and I’m offering my help, together with my colleague Jochen.
I will post updates on the list above, because there are still some questions that I haven’t figured out yet:
- How the website is working.
- What should have happened, after I payed € 15.
- Why the “statutes” are still those of phpgg.
That being said: phpBenelux is a great user group, where I’ll offer my help to expand the knowledge of PHP into the benelux.
See you on the next meeting!